Sunday, April 7, 2013

LIGHT...

I woke up this morning...
FEELING...LIGHT!
(No...I'm NOT talking about my weight!)

Since my Breast Cancer Diagnosis...
November 2009.
There's been a "tug of war"
On my FINANCES!

OFF...1 and, a half years for Treatment.
OFF...5 weeks...Reconstruction...Part 1.
OFF...(Just Recently)..4 weeks...Reconstruction...Part 2.
(Are you...NOTICING...A Trend, here?)

So, ANY...Single Working Adult...Should Be able,
TO RELATE.

My FINANCES...
(Que...Sera...Sera!)
As a Child...I LOVED Musicals...Hence, the reference!

I am a Nurse.
And, EVERYTIME I return to work...
"Oops...There IS another...Surgery!"
(I have ONE Final Surgery...looming in 4 months!)

ANGRY?
NO!
Just gets a "little" frustrating at times!
I've LEARNED to LIVE...
DIFFERENTLY!
I Believe...FRUGAL...Would be the word I'm looking for!
(But, Ladies...Don't feel BAD for me!)
I've SHOPPED...And, SHOPPED...
Before ALL this happened,
To LAST...ME...A Lifetime!

What I'm TRYING to Say..
(Using a "little" humor to "lighten" the mood...)

CANCER...CHANGES...EVERYTHING!

I SELDOM...Worried about MONEY,
As a Nurse...OVERTIME...
Although, physically taxing,
Provided...Freedom...From worry.

Cancer...Changed...That!
(My MIND...Is WILLING...But, my BODY...)

I SELDOM...Worried about my HEALTH,
Now, the FEAR...Of "It"...RETURNING...
Is ALWAYS...In the back of my mind!
(I have a FRIEND...Round 2...Breast Cancer...Returned!)

I KEEP A "SMILE" ON MY FACE...
(But, "underneath"...)

I WRITE THIS BLOG...

To give you a "window"...

What WE...As Cancer Survivors,

LIVE WITH...

EVERYDAY!

BUT...ON "THIS" SUNDAY MORNING...

I Woke Up...

Feeling..."LIGHT!"

MY "SPIRIT"...SOARS!

Yolanda Adams...Has a song,

"He's KEPT Me...In the Midst Of It All!"

YES...HE HAS!
YES... HE WILL!

Until Next Time...

"God is in the MIDST of Her, She shall NOT be MOVED!"
Psalms 46:5

No comments:

Post a Comment