Thursday, May 8, 2014

JUST AVERAGE...

We ALL rest in our Mothers womb,
For nine months.
(Give or take!)
We ALL come into the WORLD...
With a "pat" on our behind.

OUR RESPONSE...

We SCREAM like OUR Life,
Depends on it.

And, FIFTY plus years LATER...

I'M
STILL
SCREAMING!

I've ALWAYS felt,

JUST AVERAGE...
(Well, maybe "slightly" above!)

I'm sure that's how MOST people feel.

You DO what's EXPECTED of you.

SCHOOL...WORK...MARRIAGE & KIDS.
(Although not NECESSARILY in that ORDER!)

You're TAUGHT to DO what's RIGHT.

You OBEY the LAW.
You PAY Taxes.
You TRY to Live...
Like a DECENT Human Being.

And, WHERE you ASK does that LAND you?

FOR ME...

On a STREET...
In a LAND...

Called...

BREAST CANCER!

Am I Complaining?
Am I Bitter?

QUITE the OPPOSITE!

WHY NOT...YOU SAY?

Because CONQUERING that DISEASE,
WINNING...
OVER BREAST CANCER.

Made me REALIZE...

I'M...NOT...JUST...AVERAGE!

MANY
LOST
THAT
BATTLE.

ME...

Thanks to the ALMIGHTY!

I'M
THRIVING!

After it's ALL said and DONE...

I'M...FINALLY...ALIVE!

I EAT RIGHT,
I EXERCISE.

And, I FEEL so MUCH GRATITUDE...

For EVERY Sunrise...
For EVERY Sunset!

My LIFE...

IS
NOT
WITHOUT
CHALLENGES!

BUT...

BRING...IT...ON!

WHY?

Because I'm NOT...

JUST
AVERAGE,

ANYMORE!

Until Next Time...

" The LORD is MY Light and MY Salvation; Whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the STRENGTH of MY LIFE; Of Whom shall I be afraid."
Psalms 27: 1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment