Sunday, August 26, 2012

52...

I've had TIME to SAVOR it...
Yes...It Happened...
What you might ask?

At 4:54 p.m.,on August 19th...

I Gracefully, turned... 52 years old!
(It is by His Grace, that I did!)

Is 52 one of those MILESTONE years to CELEBRATE?

For Instance...

The way you CELEBRATE when you turn...

21...30...or the "BIG" 50?

NO...It's NOT!

But when you are a Breast Cancer SURVIVOR...

EVERY Birthday thereafter...
IS a MILESTONE!
EVERY Birthday is a REASON...
To CELEBRATE!

"It's my Birthday...It's my Birthday...
Going to PARTY...Like it's my Birthday..."

Now, That I've gotten that OFF my chest...

I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer at age 49.

Because of God's GRACE...
I CONTINUE to LIVE...
BEYOND my intial diagnosis.

And, I have an OBLIGATION...

To LIVE...
For ALL the Women...
Who DIDN'T!

Before my Diagnosis...

Birthdays?...

Were NO big deal!

But...50?

Was going to be CELEBRATED...With a "BANG"!

ALL the "Bells, and Whistles"...

I was planning a TRIP...Of a LIFETIME!

But, God had made, "other" plans for my life.

I spent my FIFTIETH Birthday...

RECOVERING...

From my FOURTH Round of Chemotherapy.
(NOT quite the TRIP, I had in mind!)

My daughter TRIED, to take me to Dinner.
She wanted SO BADLY for me to MARK the occasion.

Do I really need to tell you how that TURNED out?

So... My 52nd?

Was spent with GOOD Friends...
And, "Killa" Margarita's!

After All...

I've got some CATCHING up to do!

My youngest Sister, Nannette...

To commerate the occasion...

Sent me a card EVERYDAY,

Leading up to my Birthday.

What a BLESSING...

For her to CELEBRATE...ME.

CELEBRATE...My LIFE.

To CELEBRATE...My TRIUMPH...

Over CANCER!

My FAVORITE...Of  all the cards she sent, said...

"To HELL with what ANYONE thinks about it.
The ONLY person you have to answer to,satisfy,
Is YOU!"

I BELIEVE...

I've just FOUND my NEW Philosophy...For LIFE!

Until Next Time...

Enjoy Life While You Have It!
"Go,eat your bread with JOY,
And, DRINK your wine with a MERRY heart!"
Ecclesiastes 9:7

"Also do not take to HEART everything people say..."
Ecclesiastes 7:21

It Is Written...
And, SO IT IS!

No comments:

Post a Comment