Wednesday, August 8, 2012

For By His Grace...

There are times in EACH of OUR Lives,
Whether you've been DIAGNOSED,
With Breast Cancer...

OR...

Some other "Life Changing" Event...

That once it's ALL over,
(The treatment at least!)

Your LIFE returns to NORMAL...
(Or a reasonable facsimile of!)

And, due to the NEW challenges,
You Face...

Whether it's a RESULT of Treatment...
Lingering "side effects".

There ARE days when you begin...
To feel "SORRY", for "Poor Me".

But, on THOSE days...

The Lord ALWAYS tells me to...

LOOK AROUND...

And, on one occasion I saw a woman, "struggling"...
To walk, from a Stroke...

A man whose BLIND...Attempting...
To "navigate" his way across the street...

And, "Poor Me"...
REALIZED...
That ONLY by His GRACE...
Go I!

I HAD Breast Cancer.
My LIFE has CHANGED.
There ARE Differences...
I've HAD to ADJUST to.

And, YES ...
If I ALLOWED it...
Feeling "sorry" for Myself...
COULD become as ROUTINE as Breathing.

Then I LOOK UP...

See a Homeless Man..."Asking" for Change...
Living from Hand to Mouth...
And, AGAIN...I Realize...
That ONLY by His GRACE...
Go I!

I HAD Breast Cancer.

My LIFE has CHANGED.
But, I CONTINUE to SURVIVE.
I CONTINUE to THRIVE.

And, AGAIN I Realize...

I AM THANKFUL...Because...
ONLY by His GRACE...

Go I!

Until Next Time...

"For by GRACE you have been SAVED through FAITH,
and that NOT of YOURSELVES; it is the GIFT Of GOD"...
Ephesians 2:8

No comments:

Post a Comment