Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Out Of The Ashes...

I have a group of "Sistahs"...
ALL Breast Cancer Survivors.
We are 20 or more STRONG!

Knowing them...
Has HELPED to preserve my Sanity!

To have a SUPPORT System of STRONG,
INDEPENDENT WOMEN...

Who just like ME...

Have ENDURED the UNIMAGINABLE.

Able to STAND...

LOOK Cancer right in the FACE...

And, PROCLAIM...

"You've given me your WORST"...

"But, I'm...STRONGER...BETTER"...

"You DID NOT WIN!"

Now "ARMED",

With a Network of STRENGTH behind me,

That IF I Falter...

Sharing OUR Stories...OUR Talents...

We EACH Individually have SO much to OFFER.

To be ABLE to..."Lay your BURDENS down".

Without FEAR...No Judgement!

We've SHARED ...

Triumphs...Tragedy...

In an effort to HEAL each other.

This "Sisterhood" has made my Breast Cancer Journey...

A Journey of EPIC Proportions!

MONUMENTAL Discovery.

That from OUR collective Sacrifices...

Out of those ASHES...

A PHEONIX...Has EMERGED!

OUR Circle...
(Those "rams" in the bush the Lord has provided for me!)

Keeps  GROWING...Keeps TEACHING...

Keeps REMINDING Me...

That no matter what I've been through...

What I've LOST...

I'm STILL WHOLE...

All I have to do is LOOK at my "Sistahs"...

That SURROUND Me...

Until Next Time...

"Which you do well to heed as a LIGHT that SHINES in a DARK place."
2 Peter 1:19


No comments:

Post a Comment