Saturday, March 23, 2013

Just Beneath The Surface...

No matter how HARD I try,
The Remnants...
Of My Breast Cancer Journey,
Remain...

Just...Beneath...The...Surface.

Lying...Dormant.

Waiting...

For the OPPORTUNITY,

To...Take...Me...Back!

To a Place...Far...Far...Away.

A Land...

Where the MEMORIES...

Of ALL I've ENDURED,

Are it's INHABITANTS.

A Place that REMINDS Me...

That although the BATTLE,

Has been WON...

There's still BLOOD,

Left on the BATTLEFIELD.

When you SURVIVE a Cancer Diagnosis,

You don't LEAVE...

UNSCATHED.

Memories are ALWAYS There.

The SCARS...

Gentle Reminders...

That Lord, " I know I've been CHANGED!"

I Don't, " DWELL" on what's happened.

But...

It's ALWAYS There...

Waiting...Just...Beneath...The...Surface.

When I'm HAPPY...It's Waiting.
When I STRUGGLE...It's Waiting.

Just...Beneath...The...Surface.

For the CHANCE...TO...

This wasn't part of MY Plan.
But, I've LEARNED...
( "Storms" are GREAT Teachers!)
This was PART of God's PLAN,
For My Life.

So...

FATHER...
(And, His Name will be called...)

YOUR WILL...
(Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God...)

NOT MY WILL...
(Everlasting Father, Prince Of Peace.)

BE DONE!

Until Next Time...

" Commit your way to the Lord, Trust in Him, And He shall bring it to pass."
Psalms 37:5











No comments:

Post a Comment