Sunday, July 22, 2012

About THIS Life...

No one KNOWS...
What LIFE has in store for them.
That's what's GREAT...
And, NOT so Great...
About this Life!

Since Treatment...

When I wake...
My BODY often says, "NO!"
But, my SPIRIT...
SCREAMS..."YES"...
We CAN do this!

Everyday...

You anticipate the Challenges...
While all along PRAYING...
It will go smoothly...

No SURPRISES...Right?

If someone would have told me...
While I was "running" all over Hyde Park,
During my adolescence...
Barefoot...Afro Puffs...

That I would be diagnosed with...
Breast Cancer?

Well...

Let me tell you a story.

During my Sophmore year in High School,
I had the "smallest" breasts in Gym Class.
Can you imagine walking into the Locker Room,
Sporting a "Love Is"...
One step up from a Training bra...Bra?

You can imagine the teasing...Relentless!

But, my come back line...

"At this size...Mine will "always" be perky!"
(That's what I said to MYSELF!)
It was High School...STILL hadn't found my "voice!"

Both my Sisters...Double D's...

I have ALWAYS been "surrounded" by breasts...

LARGER than mine!

More "accurately"...ECLIPSED Mine!

I...Who have "nothing" to spare...

Breast Cancer?

You've got to be kidding!
(There's that LIFE...Great...Not so Great again!)

So, it "took" what little I had to offer!

It's been almost 3 years...

Have I moved PAST it?

I ASK myself that...OFTEN!

My Answer:

Not exactly...

But, I've LEARNED,

To "navigate" around it...

Quite CLEVERLY...I must say!

You just don't REALIZE...Going in,
(Just like a BAD Relationship)
There will always be some SCARS.

Is my Life filled with a GREATER uncertainty,
Since being diagnosed with Breast Cancer?

Maybe...

Will there ALWAYS be Doctors Visits...
Quarterly "Cancer" Screenings...
That "nagging" feeling this pain...
That "what" is that on my body?
I didn't NOTICE it yesterday...
Could be Can---?

Of Course!

But...

Because of who HE is...
Because of the HEALING...
That CONTINUES to take place...
In both BODY...And, SPIRIT.

Yes...
(Deep Breath!)

I WILL CONTINUE TO TRUST YOU LORD!

"Oh, Lord my God, I CRIED out to You,
And, You HEALED me"...Psalms 30:2

Until Next Time...







No comments:

Post a Comment