Tuesday, June 19, 2012

"God Has Brought You Back!"

My Sister, and I were at my Dad's House,
For Father's Day.
We had a WONDERFUL time together.
Dinner...Reminiscing...Lots of Laughter!
And, as we were leaving...
My Father "kissed" me...
Then said...

"GOD HAS BROUGHT YOU BACK,GIRL!"

My eyes filled with tears...
(It doesn't take much!)

You will NEVER understand,
What HEARING those words feel like...

Unless...

You have been "SPARED"...
From an illness,
That has TAKEN...So MANY lives!

Breast Cancer DOES indeed Kill!

When Diagnosed...

You put your LIFE,
In the HANDS of Strangers!

Mind You...
These "Strangers"...
Doctors...Surgeons...Oncologists...
Are there to "HEAL" you...

But...

TRUST You with my LIFE?

"Didn't we JUST meet?"
(Thank God, I KNEW Jesus!)

Cancer doesn't "allow" time for pleasantry...

It's on a MISSION...

SEEK...KILL...DESTROY!
(ALL in it's Path!)

So, Introductions are...

QUICK...And, to the Point!
(No time to play "Hard To Get!")

In this Relationship...
Forget what your Mother said!
It's "Okay" to "RUSH" Things!
Cancer DOESN'T Wait...
And, neither can YOU!

We wake, each and EVERYDAY...
As if it's an "inherent" right of ours...
NEVER "really" Considering...
It's GOD...
"Breathing" LIFE..Into You.
(I took it for GRANTED, as well!)

After "Overcoming" Breast Cancer...
I REALIZE...It's a PRIVILEGE...
To "Receive"...The Almighty's,"Kiss" Of Life...
Every Morning "I Wake Up"...
(I hear Aretha singing,"I Say A Little Prayer For You!")

Yes..."Poppy"...
(That's what I call my Dad)

"GOD HAS BROUGHT ME BACK!"...

Better...Than...Ever!

Until Next Time...


No comments:

Post a Comment