Monday, June 4, 2012

Don't Look...Back!

I get a "Daily Devotional" that's sent to my phone...
Everyday!
Let's face it...
I can use all the "help" I can get!

It's almost 3 years...
Since my Breast Cancer diagnosis...
(November 19th-3 years,"Cancer Free!")

And, I MUST admit...

From Time...To Time...

I still "visit" that place...

The,"I was fine UNTIL I was diagnosed with Breast

Cancer"...Town

Have you ever "vacationed" there?

And, it gives me...
Some, "momentary" satisfaction...
(Keyword:...Momentary!)

Then I REALIZE...

The "futility" of...Looking Back!

In 2009, prior to my Diagnosis...

I MADE plans...

I Remember CLEARLY, saying to God...

"Just let me CONTINUE this pace for the Winter"...
(I WAS working 60+hours of OVERTIME...EVERY 2 weeks!)

Then, I said...To God, that is...

"In the SPRING...I'll TAKE time off"...
"Get SOME rest...Promise!"...

I had "THINGS"...I wanted to do...

Buy a NEW car...

Help my daughter...Buy a car...

Buy some property...

Save some money...For that "ever" popular...

Just "in case"...Fund!
(I NEVER knew...The "latter" was coming SO SOON!)

Remember that "old" saying...

"IF you want to make God laugh...Make PLANS!"

Then...I FOUND a LUMP...In October...Of that Year...

The Rest...

As Humans...
We ALL do it...

We LOOK BACK...

We "cringe" remembering...
The "idleness" of our Youth...
(That's a nice way to put it, you think?)
The "longing" for a love...
That was "never" ours to have...
The list could go on...

But, as ADULTS...
We REALIZE...
(Or simply...Give In!)
To the notion...
That ALL that "foolishness"...
Made us the "wise" adults we've become.

In Genesis 19:26...

LOOKING BACK...Lot's wife became a "pillar" of salt.
(Now I don't know about you...Salt? I'd rather not!)

That "Voice" you hear...That "harkens" you to...

LOOK BACK...

When you are feeling...Sad...Lonely...Depressed...

"Ain't" the "Voice" of God!

I always use this analogy...

When you are driving...You face forward...
Before you say it...I know...
You LOOK BACK...From time to time...
To make sure, that no one's "riding" your bumper!

But...Think about it...

You'll NEVER arrive at your Destination...
Unless you continue to drive...Forward!

Indulge Me...
For a "Moment"...

This is just for ME...

I "needed" those reminders...

I've been...LOOKING BACK, lately...

And, SOMETIMES I have to REMIND myself...

Just...How"futile" that way of THINKING is!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
(I'm DRIVING forward Again!)

Until Next Time...


No comments:

Post a Comment