Saturday, June 9, 2012

Why?

When we're young...
We just "plow" through our youth.
EVERYTHING...
Is New...Wonderful...Exciting!
Life is just one "grand" adventure!

As we get older...

I believe we all become more introspective.

You ponder...

What's this Life...All about?
Why...Am I here?
And...For what Purpose?

When you're diagnosed with Cancer...
Those questions...
Seem to take on a WHOLE new...Meaning.

I didn't spend much time on asking God...Why?
When I was diagnosed.
But, instead...
I said,"Okay, God, this has happened"...
"Tell me...Show me..."
"How I can USE this..."
"For YOUR Glory!"
Teach me...
I'm READY...To Learn!

Some of His answers were immediate.
Two, dear friends of mine were diagnosed,
With Breast Cancer.
So...Part of His answer,
Was to become...A Beacon...
To Illuminate...The Path...To Overcoming...
This disease.

I really didn't need to say much to them...

Just as with Lazarus...
In John 11:43...
When Jesus said,"Lazarus...Come forth!"
ALL I had to do...Was just "SHOW UP"...
To let them KNOW...He Heals...
And, He ANSWERS Prayers!

But, somehow I remain...
Just a "little" unsatisfied...
I'm working...
Doing what I did BEFORE...Breast Cancer...

I wanted my Life...
To RETURN...To normal.
But...NOW, I realize...
I NEED...So much more!

Lord...Was all my suffering in vain?
How can my fight...
Help the fight...
In the War... Against Breast Cancer?

Just as with Samuel...
In 1Samuel 3:9...
I'm saying...
"Speak, Lord, for YOUR servant hears"...

Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment