Thursday, June 28, 2012

For Thee I Sing...

"I GET IT!"...

We're ALL entitled...
To Our OPINIONS...

I've been watching the News...
Since, "Obamacare" was UPHELD,
By The Supreme Court.


But, WHO...With a "Beating" HEART...
Can be AGAINST, "The Affordable Health Care Act"
(It's REAL name...)
But, calling it "Obamacare"...Is POLARIZING...
And, DIVISION...Is what we're ALL about!
(Sorry...I just HAD to get that OFF my chest!)

There were MANY...
Being INTERVIEWED...
FOR...And,...AGAINST.
That's what an OPINION is...
YOUR Perspective...
YOUR Take...
On an ISSUE!


But, SPEAKING...
From MY OWN Experience...
With BREAST CANCER...
I'm HOPEFUL...We're FINALLY...
On the Road...To EQUALITY!
Translated: The POOR won't DIE...
From Breast Cancer...
Or ANY other, "Life-Altering" DISEASE...
Just because they're...POOR!

Many will say..."It isn't PERFECT"...
But, neither was the EARTH...
On the FIRST DAY...Of Creation...
God..."Perfected" it in 6...Rested the 7th...
So, it's a START...
And, a BOLD One at that!


"MANY" before President Obama...
"Backed" Off...At the FIRST sign...
Of  trouble...
Some thought it was... "Political" Suicide!
"I'm PROUD...Yes, PROUD!
He didn't "waiver" in his resolve!

"He that STANDS...For Nothing"...

I've NEVER made it a SECRET...
When I was DIAGNOSED...
I had just RETURNED...To Work...
AFTER taking off...
Due to my Mother's 16 month BATTLE...
With Cancer...(That she LOST!)
Then my Father's subsequent Illness.

I HAD NO HEALTH INSURANCE!

I WAS DEVASTATED!

When I was DIAGNOSED...

"HOW WILL I SURVIVE?"...

With NO WAY TO PAY...For Treatment?

Then...A WEIGHT...WAS LIFTED!

My Sister, Stephanie,

Gave me a Telephone Number...

THAT CHANGED MY LIFE!!!

To The Illinois Dept. Of Public Health...
Women's Health Division.

I was ENTITLED...To TREATMENT...
Fron a MEDICAID Funded Program...
"The Illinois Breast And Cervical Cancer Program"
(Entitlement...Is NOT "always" a DIRTY Word!)

Some WILL...Call this..."BIG GOVERNMENT"

Some WILL ...Say, "I Don't WANT Government...

INTRUSION"...

But...

I Have a "Different" Name for it...

" I CALL IT...LIFE!"

 3 years...
And, Counting...

I'm THANKFUL...GRATEFUL...

For this "BIG GOVERNMENT" INTRUSION...

THAT "SPARED"...MY LIFE!!!

I'm SURE...The 99% will AGREE...

" My Country 'Tis Of Thee...Sweet Land Of Liberty...

For Thee I Sing"...

Until Next Time...



No comments:

Post a Comment