Sunday, May 20, 2012

Build Something!

It's "Amazing" how God works.
Today's Blog Post WAS going to be about...
Setbacks...Self Pity...Here I come!

I've been in bed SICK...All week.
I've been battling a "horrible" cold, flu...
You name it!

Too weak...To do anything!
Being incapacitated for SO LONG...
Helped to "foster"...Or shall I say...
"Encourage"...feelings of self pity,
"Poor" Me!

"Oh, I haven't worked ALL week"
"My Bills________"
You can fill in the blank!

But, I had an epiphany...

I was watching the News...
And, I heard someone say,
Someone who has LIVED with,
Parkinson's Disease for OVER 20 Years.
"When Life gives you HAMMERS to carry"
"You BUILD something!"

Now that's HEAVY...(No pun intended!)
Alot to consider when you think about it.

Here I am...
Feeling SORRY for myself...
When someone who "jerks" uncontrollably...
(It's called Tardive Dyskinesia)
Can say...BUILD...FORTIFY...REINFORCE!

Talk about...Looking on the Bright Side!

So...Who the HELL am I to complain?

YES...I HAD Breast Cancer.
YES...My Life is different.
YES...There are some things I've had to "adjust" to.

But...Who doesn't?
George Benson said it best...
When he sang,"Everything MUST change!"

So, lamenting...
Over what "used" to be...
That is the PAST.
And, it's just... Pointless!

In order to move FORWARD...

I'm Choosing...

TO BUILD SOMETHING!

"Hammer"...In my hand...

I'll START with...

"Building"...My Faith...

It's EASY to "say" the word...
But, "living" it...
Takes SOME doing...
Especially when Life...
Takes an UNEXPECTED turn!
Just ask...Job!

Next...

I'll "BUILD"...My Temple.

"FORTIFY" it...With Exercise...
Only "allowing" the Foods...
That WILL strengthen it, in.
(No more late night Harold's Chicken runs...)
Help me Jesus!

Then...

I'll "FORTIFY"...My "Stance"

By putting on..."The Whole Armor of God",
In addition..."The Breastplate of Righteousness"
And,...Gird my Waist...With Truth.
The Shield of Faith...And the Helmet of Salvation...
NOW I'm Ready...CHARGE!

Last...But, not least...

When the "enemy" attacks...
I'll have the Sword of the Spirit...
Which IS the WORD of God...
"BUILT"...In my Foundation...
From Birth...

To DEFEAT him.

Lord...

You've GIVEN me the Tools...

Continue...

To TEACH your Servant...

How to "BUILD!"

BRICK...By...BRICK!

Until Next Time...


No comments:

Post a Comment