Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day

Barbecue...
One of my "favorite" words,
In the English language.
It evokes such wonderful childhood memories.

That smoke...
Brings a smile to my face...
Everytime!

My Mom would barbecue,
For all the summer holidys.
Memorial Day...Fourth of July...Labor Day...
And, the "ever" popular...
It's "too hot" to turn on the oven day!

We were Blessed...
As I get older...
I realize how fortunate we were.
There was ALWAYS food on the table.
And, on the holidays...
A Bonanza!

So, it's no small wonder,
Since becoming an adult,
A Grill...Weber Kettle, to be exact,
Is my "favorite" summer accessory!
(Well, it's a "close" second to my platform wedges!)

Cooking...
Was one of the MANY ways my Mom,
Expressed her love for us.
She made EVERY holiday,
A "Big" Event.

I've since carried that particular tradition,
Into myAdulthood.
Which means...On ANY given day,
Holiday or not,
Food (Especially barbecue!)
Is one of the ways I express...
My Love...My Devotion...
To My Family.

Let's See...
Food seasoned-Check!
(Every good cook "prepares" the night before!)
The Patio swept...Grill cleaned...
Check!

And, in a few short hours...

You'll find me standing...
In front of my grill...
"Tools"...In hand.

Smoke rising...

Making my "momma" proud!

Because...

NOTHING...Says "loving" like...

RIBS...CHICKEN...SAUSAGE...STEAK...
BAKED BEANS...CORN...POTATOS...
AND, DEVILED EGGS...

Yummmmm...

In Loving Memory...

To the "Original" Grill Master...My Mom!

Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment