Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Still...The One...

Breast Cancer...

Tell someone...
And, their eyes go IMMEDIATELY...
To my breasts!

Are they...Aren't they?

ONLY I know for sure!

Many people "want" to ask...

"Did you LOSE your breasts?"

I'm very HONEST when they gather the "nerve"...

Yes...I "lost" my left breast to Cancer.

And, I "voluntarily" gave up the right.

With the women I tell...

There's this LOOK..."Oh, God!"
(Thankful, it's NOT them!)

I understand...I'm NOT offended!
Anymore...

We've been taught to believe...

BREASTS...Are a BIG part...Of what,

Makes us FEEL like a...Woman!
(Cue...Aretha Franklin's,"Natural Woman"...)

We KNOW...

A nice "pair" of breasts...In the "right" top...

Can STOP...A man...DEAD...In his tracks!

Men...Proudly Proclaim...

"I'm a BREAST man"...

So,  You can imagine...

A diagnosis of Breast Cancer...

Can "shake" the very "Foundation"...

Of what we were TAUGHT...To believe...

Makes us the "fairer" sex!

Going through MY journey,

I UNDERSTAND...

But, DON'T agree...
With women who...
Choose...
Not to seek Treatment.

Think about it..."You want to take my WHAT?"

"I'm going to LOSE"...

My Hair...That I "pampered" weekly.

My Eyelashes...That I "lavished" with mascara.

My Eyebrows...And, to TOP it all OFF...

"MY BREASTS...TOO?"

EVERYTHING...That I thought...Personified...

WOMANHOOD...Gone?

I looked at my Doctor...
Remember Ricky Ricardo...
"Lucy, (Doctor)...You got some explaining to do!"

I'm sure you're wondering...

Afterwards...

What remained?

I DID!

I was STILL the ONE...

Who gave BIRTH...To my child...

A MASTER griller...My lambchops...Are Legendary...

A WOMAN... who could "rock" a pair of...6 inch heels!

A WOMAN...who could love, nurture, listen, and advise.

A WOMAN...who could PRAY..."Dear Lord"...

NONE of this...
Did Cancer DESTROY!

So...

If you're...Wondering...

Do I STILL feel like a Woman?

YES!

And, by the way...

With a NEW, and IMPROVED...

Pair of Breasts...

That in the "right" top...

Can..."STILL" stop...A man...

DEAD...In his Tracks...

(Thank, God...For Plastic Surgeons!)

Until Next Time...




No comments:

Post a Comment