Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day

This Mother's Day...
Is SO Special!
It is my THIRD Mother's Day...
Count Them...Three!
Since...My Breast Cancer diagnosis.

I'm "CELEBRATING"...
I'm "DANCING"...
(Or what I call,"my" idea of  dancing!)
I'm Singing...Kool and The Gang's...
"CELEBRATE...Good Times...Come On!"

God...Has been SO good to me!

There was a time...
Seems a "lifetime" ago...
I didn't KNOW...
If I'd LIVE to see another one...
And, HERE I AM..."Blessed"...
With 3...And, counting!

My Daughter, and I...
Shopped...Vintage Stores this week.
I found a Handbag...Earrings...
Just like my Grandmother's...
She was "always" VERY Fashionable...
That is just ONE of the things...
I STILL Remember...
About Her...

The Woman...Who...
Taught my Mom...
So, she could "teach" me...
About...Life.

But, Mother's Day...
Isn't about the gifts...
(Well, MAYBE just a little...wink, wink!)

The time I spend with my Daughter...
Means SO MUCH more!

We're going to,"A Taco Joint"...
In Lincoln Park,
Tomorrow...
For MY FAVORITE...
Blood Orange Margarita's...And, Tacos!
Ay Carumba!

Just to be HERE...
Another YEAR...
To be ABLE...
To spend this TIME together...
Well, there are NO words...
For that feeling!

I Think Back...

I'm Reminded...

Of a Mother's Day...
With My Mom...

We drove Downtown...
My Mom wanted,
An "outfit"...For Church.
She just LOVED suits by Kasper!
We spent the WHOLE day together...
Laughing...Talking...Shopping...
At Marshall Field's.
Just the two of us...
It's ONE of my FONDEST Memories...

My Daughter "honors" me...
As, I did...My Mom...
Every Mother's Day.

The Tradition Continues...

Of  "Honoring"...
The "One"...
Who gave you...
LIFE.

Who taught you...

"Hold your head up High"...
"Stand Up Straight"...
Taught me to..."tie" my shoes...
(A "feat" it took me...A while to "master!")
But, she DIDN'T give up!
Who "kissed" all my boo-boo's away...
Who LOVED Me...
Like NO ONE else...

Who taught me...To Be...
The Woman I Am...

So, I could TEACH my Daughter...

"I'll ALWAYS LOVE My Momma'...
'Cause she's my FAVORITE Girl!"...

In Loving Memory...
For My FAVORITE Girl...
Ms. Robbie Banks...

Until Next Time...



No comments:

Post a Comment