Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Friendship...

Webster's Dictionary defines it as:
One attached to another, by respect or affection.
Or...
One who SUPPORTS, or favors something.

Those were my favorite two...

There were always people in my life...
That I called my FRIENDS.
That I could "laugh" and "share" with...

You Know...

Things friends are supposed to do, with
each other.

Since being diagnosed...

I've met some new "friends"...

But, I feel like they're...So much MORE!

I like to think of them as...

My "PINK SISTAHS"!

As a Group...We are MANY!

We do the "things" FRIENDS do.

We "SHARE"...The "ups", and "downs"...

Of our Breast Cancer Journey...

We "SUPPORT" each other...

Whether it's a WORD..."Hold On Girl"...

A PRAYER..."Dear God, Please HELP my "Sistah"...

Or something "more" tangible.

I FEEL so SAFE...With Them...

INSULATED...

Because we've ALL been through...A Journey...

For Many of Us...A type of HELL...

That has BONDED Us...

For a LIFETIME!

Each of Us...Are at a different PHASE...

In Our Journey.

Some have completed...ALL their Treatment.

Some are going through Reconstruction...

And, there's ALWAYS a new "Pink Sistah"...
Among Us...Who has only just BEGUN...
Her Journey.

I have NEVER felt as STRONG...

Or as SAFE...

As I do with these Women.

It's True...

There's a DEEPER level of UNDERSTANDING...

A kind of...Intimacy.

With people who have a "shared" experience.

So, on this morning,
As the Lord opened my eyes...
My FIRST thought...
Was of my "Sistahs".

I am HUMBLED...
By their LOVE and SUPPORT...
I am GRATEFUL...
To be "counted" among them.

My Breast Cancer Journey,
Has been made "easier"...
My burdens "lighter"...

Because...I can call anyone of them...

"Hey, Girl...I'm having ONE of THOSE days"...

And, they UNDERSTAND...

Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment