Monday, April 30, 2012

Holding On...

I've LEARNED...

Sometimes you WIN,
Sometimes you LOSE.

Life is "Funny" like that!

We have SEASONS of GREAT prosperity,
And, SEASONS of NEED as well.

God's Plan...

Is way beyond our comprehension.

But, one thing I KNOW for sure...

When things get ROUGH,

Hold On...

A CHANGE is "definitely" coming...

How does that scripture read?

"I have been young, and now am old;
Yet, I have never seen the righteous forsaken,
Nor his descendants begging bread" Psalms 37:25

When FACED with a diagnosis of...Breast Cancer,

Holding On...

Is ALL you can do.

You have no control...Did you really ever?

Over how you feel...Lousy!
Your ability to work...Compromised!

And, the BILLS...That PILE up...

I HAD A...

"CAN'T DO A DAMN THING BOX"...

Labeled for ALL those bills...
After being off a year...

That I couldn't do a DAMN...Thing about!

An Illness...
Is Emotionally...And, Financially...

DEVASTATING!

It makes "Holding On"...

MORE...

I gave it my BEST...I REALLY did!

But, there were days...That I felt,

"I was doing FINE until I got diagnosed with"...

But, on ONE of those days...

I thought of the WOMEN who came BEFORE me...

My Great Grandmother, Kansedar,
A SHARECROPPER...
Who raised a Family of 9,
In RURAL Mississippi...Picking Cotton,
"Holding On"...To make the trip,"NORTH".

My Grandmother, Doris,
Who was a MAID..."Scrubbing" floors,
For a Family in LaGrange...
And, working at Rush...Scrubbing their floors,
FOR YEARS...
"Holding On"...Raising my Mom,
By Herself!

My Mother, Robbie,
Whose "Dreams" were "DEFERRED"...
To RAISE us...Five in all.
So, that we could ONE DAY...
Live ours..."Holding On"...
Her FAVORITE response...PRAY!
She just...KNEW...
GOD answers PRAYERS!

So, on "those" days...
Then...And...Now...
When I'm feeling...

I REMEMBER...

My Ancestry...

I WON'T break the Link...

I'm STILL..."Holding On"!...

Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment