Sunday, April 22, 2012

Some Things Are BETTER Left Unsaid...

One thing I KNOW for sure,
Whenever I tell someone I HAD
Breast Cancer...
I have "learned" to "brace" myself.

What comes out of their mouths is...
"I'm SO sorry"...
That I can handle!

But, what inevitably comes next...

"I had a Mother, Sister,
Aunt, Friend, Girlfriend...
DIE from Breast Cancer".

Really?

That little "fact"...
I'd PREFER you keep,
To Yourself!

One thing Cancer patients,
LIVE with...
Is the "Possibility"...
"IT" may return.

Telling me...
You KNEW somenoe who "died"
from this disease...

Doesn't exactly help my sense of well being!

I've TRIED to UNDERSTAND...
Who the He--?

Why?

Do people tell me that?
Who says that to someone?

But, I just...Smile...
And, "get away" from them,
As fast...
As I can!

Try this on for size...
"Your name is...What?"
You know EVERYONE I knew,
With THAT name...
Died a "terrible" death...

Now,
Do YOU see, my point?
SOME things are BETTER left unsaid...

I guess people REALLY don't know,
What to say.
I just ask...
Before, you speak...

THINK.

With that in mind...
If you encounter me...
And, I tell you...
I "HAD" Breast Cancer...

PRAY for me...
ENCOURAGE me...
Say..."May the Lord's Healing Mercies...
Be FOREVER upon you".

But,

DON'T tell me...
Who you KNEW that "died",
From this disease...

I HAVE to STAY,
Positve.
To remain...
Victorious!

Over this disease.

I'm just saying...

Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment