Wednesday, April 25, 2012

SCARS...

Webster's Dictionary says...
"A mark LEFT after tissue,
has HEALED...

We ALL have them...
Some ARE visible...
MANY are not...

I touch my back...
And, it's there.
The 'scar" that reminds me...
How FAR I've come.

I trace the length of it...
Each "groove"...
Is a reminder...
Of an "obstacle"
I've OVERCOME.

A "BATTLE"...
Hard fought-and, WON!

It's not a "large" scar...
I can even,
Wear my back out.
None would be the wiser...
God, BLESS my Plastic Surgeon!

But...
WHENEVER I "touch" it...
I think back...
"Oh, Yeah..."
That was me...
That wasn't someone else's life,
I was "witnessing".

Before my scars...

The Assistant Pastor at our Church,
Preached a Sermon...

"Scars...Are a TESTIMONY...
Of what God HAS brought you Through"...

It was always my Favorite,
Sermon of His.
God, must have been "preparing" me...
For MY scars...

Although at the time...

I was unaware...

My Scars...
Are my "testimony"
To what God HAS...
Allowed me to LIVE THROUGH...

I wear them PROUDLY...

Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment