Monday, April 2, 2012

Only In Silence...

The statistics are OVERWHELMING...
MORE women than ever,
Are DYING from Breast Cancer.
(Especially WOMEN of COLOR!)

Succumbing to this disease!

WHY?

It is written...Hosea 4:6...

"MY people PERISH for LACK, of
KNOWLEDGE"...

It's true...

Even in the year of our Lord, 2012
SO MANY...

Are STILL unaware,
Uninformed...
Downright AFRIAD!

When it comes to what they feel,
they are ENTITLED to...

When DISEASE comes a' calling...
"Knocking" on YOUR door.

And, you have NO Health Insurance...
NO WAY to pay for Treatment!

I too...Didn't KNOW...
What MY options were...

The DIFFERENCE?
I ASKED questions!

I KNEW...
With ALL the resources,
Available...In THIS country...

There was a PROGRAM...
Somewhere...
That WOULD ...
SAME...MY ...LIFE!

And, I was DETERMINED...
I didn't STOP...

DON'T YOU!

UNTIL I found it...

I wasn't just FIGHTING...
For "MY LIFE"...
I was FIGHTING...For the "Right"...

To RECEIVE Treatment...
REGARDLESS...Of my CIRCUMSTANCES...

Last time I checked (Correct me if I'm wrong!)
I'm still...A Human being...Right?

So...
If you ask me...
Go Ahead...Ask!

What, it is...
I WANT you to take away from this blog,

KNOW...

That NO MATTER how...

DARK...OR LIGHT...

Your SKIN is...

How EMPTY...Your wallet may be...

Whether or not...

You GRADUATED from Elementary School...

High School...College.

You have a RIGHT to Treatment!

ONLY...IN... SILENCE...

Does cancer win!

ONLY... IN...SILENCE...

Is your VOICE not HEARD...

ONLY... IN...SILENCE...

Is your OUTCOME certain!

SILENCE=DEATH!

SO...SCREAM!!!

(If you have to!)

That'll get SOMEONE'S...ATTENTION!

PLEASE...REMEMBER!

SILENCE isn't GOLDEN!

It's...DEADLY!

ONLY...In...Silence...
Does Cancer Win!

SPEAK UP LOUDLY...

And, Often...

LET YOUR VOICE...

BE HEARD!

For Information...
Call The Illinois Dept. Of Public Health,
Womens Health Hotline...1(888) 522-1282

Leave a Message...They DO call back!
(That's how my Treatment Journey began!)

THE ILLINOIS BREAST&CERVICAL CANCER PROGRAM
IBCCP at Mercy Hospital...1 (312) 567-2000

SAVED MY LIFE!!!
And, I DIDN'T HAVE A DIME!

Until Next Time...








No comments:

Post a Comment