Friday, March 30, 2012

2014...

You hear ALL this talk,
About the future...
What we will be eating...
Wearing...
Driving...
What we will be watching...Enough!

ALL I can think about the future...
Begins with the year 2014...

WHY?
You ask is that important...

Well...
In 2014,
I WILL be a 5 year Breast Cancer Survivor...

OKAY...
You say...What is the significance of 5 years?

Well,
I'll let you in on a secret...

If...(In my case,when!)
You go 5 years...and, the Cancer doesn't return.
You're considered "cured"!

So, like Prince did in 1999...
I'm gonna' "celebrate" like that in...2014!

Although, I'm not too sure...
I'll do it in all that glitter...
(ONLY Prince...can get away with that!)

As Cancer patients...
We Realize...
That EVERY day is...
A Miracle!

I KNOW this...
But...
In the "back" of every Cancer patients mind...

Will it return?
Will I get Cancer...Somewhere else?


That's why..."Hitting" that MAGIC number 5...
Will offer...Some...Relief!

Reaching that goal...
Is why we continue on.

Only two years left...
Until I reach....5 years!

Keep your fingers crossed,
Say a Prayer...
Petition God on my behalf.

I can USE them all!

Because...In 2014...
I WILL be "celebrating"...
Like it's 1999!
(That was a GOOD year!)

Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment