Thursday, March 8, 2012

Just Ask...

I must confess...
I've not always "chosen",
To be the "best" person I could be.

Pride...Arrogance...Defending misconceptions,
Due to the color of my skin...
Pick one! Pick them all!
I always found it necessary-to confront EVERY slight
EVERY afront...
That CAN become exhausting...

So, when I was diagnosed...
I thought my past behaviors could be to blame.
Yes, you TRY to figure out, "Why"?
I want to be honest with you...
Isn't that how you help another?

Who had I hurt so badly?
Who didn't I love as much as I should have...
Who didn't I help?
Lord...What?

You quickly realize...
It's not what...
It just is...(for your own peace of mind, believe me!)

Then, I wondered...
How could I ask God to do such a BIG thing...
Heal Me! Heal Me...Lord,
When I wasn't ALWAYS obedient...
When I DIDN'T always choose to do...
What Jesus would do.

Then the words of a song came to my heart...
Amazing GRACE, How sweet the sound,
That SAVED a wretch like ME...

Those words reminded me,
He's a God of Second, Third, Fourth (you get the picture!)
Chances...
He's a God who WILL BLESS us in "spite" of ourselves.
He "chose" to save a wretch like me...

So, don't be afraid...Don't think you're unworthy.

I'm healing...Sinner that I AM!
Physically...Emotionally...
And, all I did was ASK...

Try it...Try Him...
Until Next Time...


No comments:

Post a Comment