Monday, March 5, 2012

Behold...I Will Do A "New" Thing...

By the time I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2009,
My Life, had become so "ordinary"
Same routine...Same conversations...
Same job...Same, EVERYTHING!

I worked... ALL the time!
I often cancelled on my friends...Family...
My excuse..."I'll go NEXT time"!
They "need" me at work!
Not listening...To that "voice" inside of me...

I worked alot, and when I was off (which was hardly ever!)
My daughter, and I would "hangout"...
Shopping...Dinners out...
All the "girl stuff"
Having a daughter brings...

I guess you can say...My Life... was predictable.

I assume at some point,though
That happens to us all...

Then I received the news...Breast Cancer!
My routine...SHATTERED!

We're made to believe, that " Cancer" is a Death Sentence
That Life as you know it...Gone!

And, all along...Through this diagnosis
God, was saying to me, " Behold, I will do a new thing"...

Mind you...That "new" thing, I thought should have been
6 ft. 4in... Caramel Colored...A smile that could, well...
But, God had other plans.

He needed me, to "go forth"...

To tell my " Sisters"...
Things would be different...
But, there is LIFE after...Yes...LIFE!

That "new" thing...Breast Cancer

Was just what I needed...
To be still...
Just long enough...
For God to use me...

Look at me..."I'm a Testimony"...
Oh, Yes...
He has done a "new" thing...

Until Next Time...-





No comments:

Post a Comment