Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Mother's Wish...

I grew up in the 60's...
A time when children remained INNOCENT,
Until they were ADULTS.

My Mom, raised me with the belief....
Finish School...Marry a "Prince"
And, you will live, "Happily Ever After"
(Cue, Anita Bakers, "Fairytales"!)

A WISH that many Mothers, and Parents
STILL...Want for their children. (Me included!)

Since being diagnosed with Breast Cancer,
I thought...Happily Ever After...
AFTER Breast Cancer?

Ladies...It's not only Possible...
I'M LIVING IT!

Two years, and counting...Cancer Free!
Feels like a "happy" beginning to me...

The Love and Support of some "Incredible",
"Sisters In Pink", I've met along the way...
The word "happy" just springs to mind...
Whenever I think of them.

Volunteering...Being a "light" to those
Who "one day" may have to travel this very road...
I am "happy", To make another sisters...burden, just a little lighter...

Feeling like the "old" me...
With "new" parts...A "closer" walk with Thee,
My new intimacy with God...Makes me "happy"!

Waking each NEW day...
With a sense of "true" Purpose,
Praying that NO woman...Is left behind.
That they realize...They are NOW, Part of a Community
That EDUCATES it's own
From DIAGNOSIS to TREATMENT,
And, RECOVERY...

Mom...
Your wish for my "Happiness"
Realized...
( Although, that "Prince" hasn't rode in on his White Horse...Just yet!)

"I remember stories, those things my Momma said...She told me fairytales,
before I went to bed"...

Until Next Time...








No comments:

Post a Comment