Monday, March 12, 2012

TIME...

When you are diagnosed with Breast Cancer,
TIME...Comes into sharper view...
"I didn't do", " I didn't say",
"I haven't seen"...

Faced with this diagnosis,
You REALIZE all that you haven't,
Made the "time" to do.

As humans,
We know we have ONLY so much of it,
Allotted on this Earth.
Yet, we "rush" through Life
As, if we're guaranteed immortality.
Just not thinking...

But, when you're diagnosed...
Time, suddenly means EVERYTHING!

I prayed...

Father, "LET me LIVE to see my daughter marry"
"Let me LIVE to one day, see my grandchildren"
"Let me LIVE ...My daughter gets her degree next Spring".
"I'm  not READY to LEAVE my Family".

You realize...
That "pretense" of control-Was just that!

So, I, "Put on the whole armor of God"...
Then I BRACED myself for the FIGHT!

Round 1...Surgery, Round 2...Chemotherapy,
Round 3...Radiation,
The Winner, by a "knockout" of Cancer...
The Breast Cancer Diva, herself!

Two Years Later...
I was so "proud", as my daughter received her degree.
I'm PRESENT...For my Family.
I VALUE time spent with friends...
I've LEARNED to work "just" enough.

My Lesson to You...
Don't let it take Breast Cancer,
Or some "horrific" incident,
For you to realize...
You should LIVE...

Now, I "DO", I "SAY"...
No, Regrets...
Because "time" is such a valuable commodity,
I don't waste a minute of it...

My beautiful daughter...Lord, (I'm STILL waiting!)
Let, me LIVE to see her marry.
I'm holding out for a Prince-No Less!(A mother can dream,right?)
Keep your fingers "crossed" for me...

Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment