Sunday, March 25, 2012

Remembering...

I was watching TV last night,
And...One of those "cancer" commercials...
"Appeared"...

I'm STILL(almost 3 years later!)...
Affected by that word...

Cancer...

FEWER Doctor appointments...
NO more Emergency Room visits...Thank God!
(I was going to ask them for frequent "visitor" miles!)
Looking, and feeling as GREAT as I do.

You can forget...

Being a part of a group,
And, not the "focus" of that group
Because you're ill..."Are you okay"?

You can forget...

Out shopping with my daughter,
Going out to have lunch together.
Just ENJOYING the company...
Of friends...Loved ones...

You can forget...

Being back at work...
Paying Bills...
Just RESUMING the NORMAL Activities,
Of Daily Living...


You can forget...

So...
I was watching TV last night...
Then one of those "cancer" commercials,
"Appeared"
And...3 years later,

I STILL...

Can hear it...
The sound of the footsteps...
Coming into the Exam Room...

The Doctor saying,

"Ms. Hackney, YOU have BREAST CANCER"

Then it ALL went BLACK...

There are SOME things,
We can NEVER forget...
No matter how HARD you try...

I guess that's what motivates us to continue the "FIGHT"!

Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment