Monday, March 26, 2012

Let Me Explain...

I was at the Wake,
Last week...
Of a Former Classmate.

You Know...
Where you run into "everyone" you knew,
From High School...(Mean girls included!)

Some of us...
Are not "exactly" the people they were,
In High School...

And, for some...That's a good thing,
For others...I'll let you draw your own conclusions...

I'm very "open" about my Breast Cancer.
No, I don't walk up, shake your hand...
And, say...Tonya Hackney...Breast Cancer Survivor.

But, I live in the SAME neighborhood I grew up in,
The truth is...People TALK!

So, alot of people have heard...
Many know it "ain't" idle gossip!

A classmate, while we were "catching" up,
Said to me,"I've NEVER known ANYONE fighting...
Something like that...Breast Cancer".

I thought about it...(I try to do that before speaking!)
And, the SAME would have been TRUE of me,
A few years ago...
Before...Breast Cancer became,
A part of...My Life!

I said, "I'm fine"...
That the "worst" is over.
I just do this "little" shot thing monthly.
Trying to minimize "his" discomfort.

I could sense that he didn't know...
Just, didn't know WHAT to say.

So, I said," Let me explain"...

I AM THE FACE OF BREAST CANCER...

It's not because I've been GOOD or BAD...

It's not because I DIDN'T take care of myself...

It's not because I didn't PRAY enough,

LOVE God enough...

It just...IS...

And...It can happen to...
ANYONE!

So, now that YOU know...

Use that KNOWLEDGE to...
Donate...
On my behalf...(Run, Walk, Sponsor!)

Give a PRAISE Report at your Church...
Since you now know someone affected by it...

And, that's CONQUERED IT!

Realize...It's CLOSER then you think...

But, be grateful...

IT'SNOTTHISCLOSE...

I heard an audible sigh...

Until Next Time...


No comments:

Post a Comment