Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wednesday Mornings...

Yes, I've been again...

It's the day AFTER my Tuesday visit,
With my Plastic Surgeon.

I have GOOD news...
And, BAD news...

Well, you already KNOW,
The one constant...
This CHEST discomfort!

I have SO much FLUID in the expanders...
I FEEL like a HOT AIR balloon.
If I DON'T keep my feet,

FIRMLY...

Planted on the ground...

It's...
Up, Up, and...Awaaaaay I'll go...

Now,
The BAD news...

I told you before,
I have 2 more Surgeries to go...
Well, now it's 3!

It seems my left side,
Where the Cancer originated...
Has decided NOW is the time to STOP,

Cooperating!
(It feels as if a revolt is brewing...)

So...
They have to "re-enforce" the skin,
That the Radiation Treatments,

BURNED/FRIED/BAKED/COOKED...

You, pick one!

It's that...
Or the "implants" will "erode",
Through the skin.
(Straight out of my Doctor's mouth!)

New Schedule...
Skin Repair...Then implants!

Now, I'm looking at breasts...
For Christmas.
Thank You, Santa!
(I've been a GOOD girl SO far this year...)

I have LEARNED to just take it all in stride!
ALL of it!

NO MORE hysterics!
(At least NOT today!)

But...
Pain...Discomfort...
Setbacks, aside.
Once it's ALL over...

I'll "really" feel...
Like a WOMAN again...

You CAN'T put a price tag on that!

Normalcy...Here I come!

Until Next Time...


No comments:

Post a Comment