Friday, February 17, 2012

CELEBRITY...

We live in a Culture, "OBSESSED" with Celebrity. At first, just Entertainment Shows...Now, it's on Mainstream News..." Is Halle "REALLY" engaged again?"..." Chris Brown did "WHAT" after the Grammy's?"...No, Giselle "DIDN'T" say that after her husband's team lost the Super Bowl!"...Watching Denzel...Walk across a Movie Screen...Well, let's just say...NO need for dessert! I have to admit...GUILTY!...Of all the forementioned Charges! In my prior Life...Before Breast Cancer...I too, enjoyed "good" Celebrity Gossip from time to time...And, it DEFINITELY wasn't for it's Intellectual Content...

During Chemotherapy, I watched alot of Daytime TV. At home during the day didn't leave me much choice. Don't get me wrong-I love the Shows with News, Cooking,...But, on this particular day, I was watching a program, and a Celebrity "scoop" was announced. What the "scoop" was is unimportant. But, in the coming days, I watched, as the "Paparazzi" followed this "Star"...For days on end...In "relentless" pursuit...Of the "truth". Or whatever makes the "best" truth...Ratings, darling...

Then I started thinking...

Here, I AM..."Fighting" for my LIFE...Enduring a treatment regime that's as "harsh" as it is beneficial. (Chemo is still the ONLY game in town!)...There was some "acting" involved...Pretending I was "ok" to Family and Friends...While inside..."Where was MY camera?"

We chronicle a "Celebrity" from "FAT" to "FIT"...And, BACK again...What about chronicling my struggle, the struggle of women with Breast Cancer...From Diagnosis to Life...Now, that's NEWS...Where's the Paparazzi now?

I have a "NEW" Group of "Celebrities" I'd like to introduce you to...Virginia...Robin...Stephanie..."Candy"...Nathalia...Texi...Pat...Adrienne...Sophia

These are my "Pink Sisters". Women who have ENDURED the "worst"...And, made it through...They came out "fighting!". Actors? YES!... Each, and EVERY one...Because during THIS journey...You HAVE to "Perform"...

Do I still enjoy a "good" Celebrity story from time to time? Sure...I'm a "sucker" for a HAPPY ending ...

But, the autograph's I seek...Are from my "sisters" who survived Breast Cancer...An, "OSCAR" worthy Performance indeed!... "I'd LIKE to "Thank" the Academy...Until Next Time...







No comments:

Post a Comment