Sunday, February 19, 2012

Tomorrow...

I've been hearing that Gospel song, " Tomorrow" in my head lately. It made me realize...Just how BLESSED I am. God has GIVEN me "so" many tomorrow's since I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2009. Eight simple letters...T O M O R R O W....That mean the WORLD to someone diagnosed with Breast Cancer...

When you are young, time means nothing...EVERYDAY is a "new" experience. You are just beginning...Remember that song "Everyone" sang for their Eighth Grade Graduation in the 70's, "You've only JUST begun to live"....That's how youth feels...

When you turn "21"...You're becoming an adult. You begin contemplating Marriage, Career, and starting a Family...There is still that eternal promise of "Tomorrow", in your thinking...Lingering in the air around you.

By the time you reach "30"...You have that Career, Family, Marriage...You've narrowed your choices. You are INTENT on having what you want...Having it "all". Life is just one "sweet" melody...Tomorrow...

Then you arrive at your "40's"...You begin thinking...How to "give" back to the community around you. Perhaps even the World. You've already chosen the Career that would give you financial security. But, you realize, the only way to be "truly" fulfilled is trying to make this World a better place...Leaving it in a better shape then you inherited...

But, you're diagnosed with Breast Cancer at 49 (After already "planning" what The "Big 50" is going to look like.)...Tomorrow...Tomorrow...Will ONLY come after Surgeries, Chemotherapy, and Radiation...And, even then, there are NO guarantees...

So, on THIS day...Sunday...As we are called to "Worship"...Another "Tomorrow" that the Lord has chosen to BESTOW upon me...I take this moment to "Thank God" for His Grace, His Mercy...For my "Tomorrow's"...May I USE them ALL to His Glory....Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment