Wednesday, February 1, 2012

"WIN BIG"...

My sister Stephanie (who I love dearly!) has been in a "frenzy" over a game being played at our local Supermarket. Jewel Food Stores has this game she's been playing called, "Win Big". My sister has probably visited EVERY Jewel Supermarket in Chicago, and it's outlying suburbs at least...Twice (that's ALL she's admitting to!). The object of the game is to "collect" the stamps for each prize listed. Each prize requires a different stamp, and/or amount of stamps needed to win that particular prize. You collect all the stamps needed to claim the $250,000.00 cash prize they're awarding...And, you guessed it! You "Win Big"! I can't "throw" my sister "under the bus" without first acknowledging my own "dirty" little secret...I play too! But, I limit my visits to the 3 to 4 Jewel Food Stores that are in my IMMEDIATE area! I spoke to my sister this morning, and sadly, the game ends today, February 1st. And, I will tell you what she said to me in her own words, "T, I didn't win sh--!" Which made me laugh...Then it made me think...

As a Cancer patient, every morning I wake up...I "WIN BIG!" During treatment, it didn't matter how sick I was-As I woke, if what I observed  were all the familiar surroundings in my room...I didn't hear a "Heavenly" chorus in the background...The angel Gabrielle wasn't blowing his horn...Yes, you guessed it! I "Win Big!"After EVERY milestone...Surgeries...Chemotherapy...Radiation...I "Win Big." Being allowed MORE time on Earth with the people I love-"BIG"! Finally realizing what TRULY matters in life...What causes are WORTH fighting for..."BIG"! (We often say it) But, NEVER really realizing..."Everyday IS a Blessing"!...Even "BIGGER"! So, even though the game ends today.And, my sister, and I are STILL a few tickets "shy" of winning a prize...I still, "Win Big"...Because I've been given the "Biggest" gift. The "BIGGEST" prize of all..."LIFE", although that $250,000.00 dollar prize...Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment