Monday, February 13, 2012

Just Get Over It!

As Breast Cancer Survivors, this journey becomes a "voyage" of a lifetime...You finish your treatment, and most people who HAVEN'T been there...Think..." Wow, why hasn't she gotten OVER this?" Here I go again...Admitting my past transgressions! I have to confess, at times I felt that way too! But, AFTER being diagnosed...

When I received my diagnosis, I "approached" my treatment very analytically...I "charted" my course of treatment from beginning to end. NEVER taking into account the hidden "variables". Foolishly thinking, just as with MOST things, that my treatment would follow MY plan, MY timeline. I learned soon enough that this would be over, when it was over. So, to avoid additional frustration...I just STOPPED giving myself a date of completion. I NEVER met those dates anyway...So, I just gave it over to God!

I BELIEVED that once treatment was completed-I could "fold" this experience up, and MOVE on with my life. I have...With the "moving" on part of this. But, folks...You HAVE to realize...Our lives will "NEVER" be the same! Now, that's not to say that I will "wear" this disease like a fashion accessory-but, because I've been diagnosed with the "Big C"...EVERY pain...ANYTHING out of the ordinary with my body...Gives a Breast Cancer Survivor...Pause..."Is that damn Cancer back?"...

Just think...We have to "live" with the fact that "reccurrence" plays a MAJOR role in our lives...We alter our diets, we exercise, we do "all" that is necessary to keep the disease at Bay...But, come on...How would you feel, living under that type or pressure?..."Am I doing enough?"..."Am I eating the "right" foods?" Uncertainty is a bit--! And, "who" among us can do the "right" thing everyday? (I just had a 4pc. dark from Harold's Chicken Shack-It was bad, for me-but "oh" did it feel SO good!").
You say...Get over it?...NO! I have to STAY on it...Stay "one step" ahead of this disease. I PRAY you NEVER have to live under this cloud of uncertainty...So, (for me!) just "think"...Before you say..."Why can"t she get OVER this?"...Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. Hey there Sunshine!!! I love you and I want you to know that I think you're doing a phenomenal job. Stay encouraged and keep inspiring. You will never have to worry about me telling you to "get over it". I know you're a strong,intelligent and very spiritual woman. Once again, I love you, but remember God loves you more!! MUAH!!!
    Love Eldon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love u back...E! You just put a BIG smile on my face!

      Delete