Friday, February 3, 2012

HOW "DIVA" IS GETTING HER "GROOVE" BACK...

Ladies...I woke up this morning, thinking...Chemotherapy is REALLY over...Radiation is "SO" over... My Reconstruction is going well (although my breasts are still likely to "explode" at any moment!). My hair is back (no more wraps, I didn't do wigs, personnal choice!) And, my hair is even better than before! So, like the old folks say, "It DOES get greater later". I've stop wearing my "cancer" apparel. (all I wore were sweats, and tennis shoes!) I wake up each morning...LIKING, no LOVING what I see more than I don't! So, I'm SLOOOOWLY coming to the conclusion..."Diva" IS getting her "groove" back!...

Ladies...My "Sisters in Pink"...I KNOW you are starting to feel it too! You're getting that, what did George Clinton of Parliment use to say? "That GLIDE in your stride...That DIP in your hip...Come on we're going to the Mothership..." Yes! You smile like you just won the "lottery". That confidence is RADIATING off you! Your head is held HIGH...You own it, and you know it! After ALL we've been through a little "vanity" is in order! Let's just admit, what's RIGHT there in FRONT of you..."Diva"...IS getting her "groove" back! There were sooo many nights, during Chemo, I couldn't sleep. I would get up, go to the bathroom, and stare in the mirror. I'd look at my reflection and wonder..."Who the Hell is that?" With NO eyebrows, NO eyelashes, there was NOTHING in that reflection I saw that FAINTLY reminded me of myself! I would just see this "sick" stranger looking/peering back at me...So, with ALL that behind me...I can FINALLY recognize...I'm TELLING you, Girl..."Diva" has her groove back! I'm even a little FLIRTATIOUS now (Although, what's that old saying...I ain't gonna' bust a grape!). It just feels GOOD to do it! "Wonderful"...that's how to describe it. Just FEELS "amazing"to be a "healthy" woman again...There was a time, Ladies...You understand...I'm preaching to the choir! That I NEVER thought I would feel this way again. In the "midst" of all that...I just didn"t know! But, now...Back in my HIGH heels (at least 4 in. if you please!). I'm even indulging in the "frivolous" again...Shoes, bags, jewelry...I LOVE being a girl! It just feels soooo GREAT...To feel SO alive again! For ALL my "Breast Cancer" Diva's...Who are on the precipice...Who believe that mountain is too high to climb...Fear not! You will "soon" be getting your "groove" back! He did it for me...He'll do the same thing for you...Trust me, I know...Because this "Diva" has definitely got her groove back!...Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment