Monday, February 6, 2012

Phenomenal Woman

Since my Breast Cancer diagnosis, I've met some PHENOMENAL Women. Mere Mortals-Who upon receiving their diagnosis, "don" their pink cape with the initials "P. W." emblazon on it. Women who would otherwise be content, sitting at the Salon on Saturdays (catching up with WHO did WHAT to WHOM!). Now must concern themselves with WHAT we have to do to "fight" this disease...

Diva's who pampered their tresses weekly at the Salon...Hair no mo'! But what does that Phenomenal Woman do, you ask ?..."don" a wig...Learn 101 ways to style a head wrap (my personnal favorite!)...Or just "rock" your new bald do! What she doesn't do is...Spend more time than necessary, (you have to give it a proper burial!) pondering your loss. I had a friend, ask me...Tonya, what are you going to do about your hair? I tried to help her understand, losing my hair was the LEAST of my concerns!

Faced with the prospect of being unable to work during treatment, and the subsequent loss of income. What does that Phenomenal Woman do? Go, and teach her class of sixth graders, when she should be home in bed...Manage whatever "monies" at her disposal like a CEO of a Fortune 500 Company...Being mindful of the bottom line. Or sharing whatever she has, with another "sister in pink". What she doesn't do is languish in the "what ifs".

During times of doubt...When even the best of us falter...( This IS alot to process!). What does that Phenomenal Woman do? Find a scripture to ease ANY lingering doubt..." Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes I will help you. I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10. ( That kept me in the MIDST of it all!)

When the ONLY thing between you, and despair IS God. What does that Phenomenal Woman do? Reach a "deeper" understanding of HOW God IS able. Knowing that when His word says..." The Lord is the strength of MY life". Psalm 27:1 You BETTER believe it!

When she needs someone to "understand" what she's going through. What does that Phenomenal Woman do? Reach out to other "Sisters in Pink" she's met at Support Groups, Seminars, and Photo Shoots. Today's Blog is dedicated to all my "sisters" I've met during my journey. You know who you are...I want to say, "Thank You" for being a shoulder to lean on...Praying with me that the new biopsy results were...Cancer Free...For the rides while my car has been "On Strike"...For sharing a movie, A Birthday Celebration, An ear....But, most importantly...THANKS...For "saving" me! Once I met someone who was traveling in my shoes...It made my burden "lighter". That's just what Phenomenal Women do! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment